Philip Hammond is delivering his first Budget as chancellor from 12:30 GMT. The key points of what he says will be added to this page as he speaks.
What we already know
As is customary before Budgets, a number of initiatives have been trailed in advance.
- Extra money for new free schools in England, which could include grammars
- Significant spending expected on social care in England
- A £5m fund will be set up to mark the centenary of female suffrage next year
- Chancellor to outline North Sea help
- Cash to alleviate the impact of increased business rates on firms
- £500m support for electric vehicles, robotics and artificial intelligence
- Tobacco and some alcohol duties are also tipped to rise
The state of the economy
Alcohol, tobacco, gambling and fuel
Pensions and savings
North Sea help